Morgan Sindall awarded 'Two Ticks' Positive About Disabled People symbol
Morgan Sindall has been awarded the ‘Two Ticks’ Positive About Disabled People symbol. The accreditation is awarded to employers who demonstrate to the Department for Work and Pensions (Job Centre Plus) that they have met, and are committed to continually achieving, five commitments relating to the employment of disabled people.
The five commitments are to:
• Interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job
• Ensure a mechanism is in place to discuss, at any time but at least annually, with disabled employees what can be done to ensure that they can develop and use their full abilities
• Make every effort to ensure that when employees become disabled, they stay in employment
• Take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
• Conduct an annual review on what has been achieved and plan ways to improve on them. This is reported to the Department for Work and Pensions.
The award of the accreditation is reviewed annually. At each review, Morgan Sindall will need to demonstrate to Job Centre Plus what action the company has taken to meet these five commitments.
Morgan Sindall is very proud to have been awarded this accreditation. It is recognition of the company becoming an increasingly inclusive employer and supports our corporate sustainability commitments.