Members of the Morgan Sindall Construction team make the Construction Manager of the Year (CMYA) shortlist
Congratulations are extended to four members of the Morgan Sindall Construction team who have been shortlisted as part of this year’s Construction Manager of the Year Awards (CMYA).
Each year the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) celebrates those who are working to deliver outstanding examples of projects in the construction sector at their annual event, which has been a part of the industry’s calendar for over 40 years.
The Morgan Sindall Construction shortlist is:
- David Boyle, project manager, who has been shortlisted in the Primary Education category for his work on the St Nicholas’ Primary School project. The school, designed for 450 pupils, has enabled the co-location of two former schools which were in need of modernisation.
- Louis Whittington, project manager, who has been shortlisted in the Public & Infrastructure category for his work on the Ramsgate Fire Station project. A state-of-the-art fire station and training centre which will support 22 firefighters from full time crews and 14 on-call firefighters.
- Patrick Johnson, senior site manager, who has been shortlisted in the Restoration category for his work on the Ballater Railway Station project. Which involved the sympathetic restoration of a fire-damaged listed building for use as a tourist information centre and a museum celebrating the station's royal history.
- Tony Fitzgerald, project director, who has been shortlisted in the Higher Education category for his work on the University of Birmingham’s Collaborative Teaching Laboratory project. The £40 million flagship building will provide the university with world-class laboratories and teaching spaces to compete on an increasingly-competitive international stage.
Commenting on the individuals’ success, Pat Boyle, managing director for Morgan Sindall Construction said: “I’d like to say congratulations to David, Louis, Patrick and Tony for making the shortlist for the Construction Manager of the Year Awards. The projects represent a variety of what we do across the UK, and are just some of the highlights of our completions in 2018. Good luck to the team for the upcoming awards ceremony.”
The winners will be crowned at the prestigious awards ceremony, which will be held at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London on 18 September.
- For more information about this news release please contact Alice Hickling, communications officer on email@example.com.