Equality, diversity and inclusion
We are committed to ensuring a diverse workforce where everyone, regardless of background, can feel included and respected.
Our workforce is made up of a mixture of those with a traditional construction background, as well as those with other sector and life experiences. Our aim is to ensure our workforce also represents all age ranges, genders, ethnicities and life circumstances. It’s this diversity that makes our business more innovative and progressive, ensuring we can see the greatest possible business success.
As well as our commitment to being the best place to work in the construction and infrastructure industry, we also work in partnership with organisations who encourage young people and under-represented groups into our industry to ensure the best possible diversity.
Working in partnerships
Some of our recent success has seen us:
- More than double female workforce representation to over 20 per cent in the last two years (industry average is 14 per cent). This is continuing to rise.
- Welcome more people from ethnically diverse backgrounds to the business who may not have considered a career in construction and infrastructure
- Launch our first returnship programme in October 2017, and the second a year later to encourage those who had taken a career break back into work. The programme has seen external recognition for its innovative way of recruiting to the industry.
- Implement policies and processes which has seen us recognised as an award winning diverse and family-friendly employer, attracting more people to join us.
- Win and be shortlisted for awards inside and outside of our industry that recognise our achievements.